1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive.
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail.
3. With increasing numbers of ramps, Braille signs, and handicapped parking spaces, the world has always been trying harder to accommodate people with disabilities.
4. A quarter of the class has at least one immigrant parent, and the immigration debate is not a big priority…unless it involves “real” aliens from another planet.
5. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
6. Colorful lapel ribbons have always been worn to indicate support for a cause.
7. Trading Chocolate the Moose for Patti the Platypus helped build their Beanie Baby collection.
8. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess.
9. They never twisted the coiled handset wire aimlessly around their wrists while chatting on the phone.
10. DNA fingerprinting and maps of the human genome have always existed.
11. Leno and Letterman have always been trading insults on opposing networks.
12. Unless they found one in their grandparents’ closet, they have never seen a carousel of Kodachrome slides.
13. Computers have never lacked a CD-ROM disk drive.
14. They’ve never recognized that pointing to their wrists was a request for the time of day.
15. The first computer they probably touched was an Apple II; it is now in a museum.
16. Czechoslovakia has never existed.
17. Second-hand smoke has always been an official carcinogen.
18. Once they got through security, going to the airport has always resembled going to the mall.
19. American companies have always done business in Vietnam.
20. Russians and Americans have always been living together in space.
21. Nirvana is on the classic oldies station.
22. Rock bands have always played at presidential inaugural parties.
23. A purple dinosaur has always supplanted Barney Google and Barney Fife.
24. Beethoven has always been a dog.
25. Their parents’ favorite TV sitcoms have always been showing up as movies.
Really puts things in perspective! Have you ever twisted the coiled handset wire aimlessly around your wrists while chatting on the phone? Yes, I'll admit it--I did!