Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Five Minutes with Jesus



This is a review of 5 Minutes with Jesus (Making Today Matter) by Sheila Walsh. It is a small book of 49 short essays. Each essay is followed by scripture passages that pertain to the essay. It will really only take about 5 minutes for you to read each one. The book is small enough to fit into your purse or carry-on bag if you travel. 

I feel the author didn’t come up with anything new. Many of the essays are about her life and didn’t hit home with me. Her writing style is very average and I don’t feel terribly inspiring. I’ve read works by other authors that I found more interesting and enlightening. I do like the fact that the essays are short. Perfect for reading one a day and doing some reflecting. 

I was disappointed that there is not a table of contents or index. So if you want to go back and find a particular essay you have to page through the book. (I’m not a fan of marking up books or adding flags.)

I was give this book to review. All opinions are my own.

post signature
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *