Thursday, May 14, 2015

Wise Tips for Living

I read about a woman who lived to be 91 and her husband to be 100. Her name was Helen Nearing. She was a great pioneer of simple living. Helen had eleven wonderfully wise tips for living not only a less stressful life, but for living in a more connected and organic way. 

Here are some of her tips:
1. Do the best you can, whatever arises.
2. Be at peace with yourself.
3. Find a job you enjoy.
4. Live in simple conditions; housing, food, clothing; get rid of clutter.
5. Contact nature every day; feel the earth under your feet.
6. Take physical exercise through hard work; through gardening or walking.
7. Don’t worry; live one day at a time.
8. Share something every day with someone else; if you live alone, write someone; give something away; help someone else somehow.
9. Take time to wonder at life and the world; see some humor in life where you can.
10. Observe the one life in all things.
11. Be kind to the creatures.
What a truly wise blueprint for living! I know that I need to get rid of clutter--in my home and even in my mind sometimes! I think if you nurture plants and animals you can't help but nurture humans too. The one that hit me the most was to share something with someone else every day. I thought that would be really easy but when I started to work on it--sometimes I had to really think about what I wanted to give and to whom. I should have just started with something easy like a smile but I wanted it to be a little more meaningful for me and the person I was sharing with. I am going to try to add more of these tips to my life.
Pin It!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Contact Me

Name *
Email *
Subject *
Message *